What is White Rabbit?
White Rabbit allows you to reward the films and series you stream, on whatever peer-to-peer platform you choose to stream from. White Rabbit technology recognizes content and utilizes blockchain to facilitate payment between you and the films rights holders. When everyone gets their fair share, everyone is happy.
White Rabbit has identified 3 main challenges to the film and series industry that we will solve.
Challenge 1: Money
Too few filmmakers make money from digital distribution. Income is a fraction of what films once made from DVD sales, streaming revenue lacks transparency and recoupment takes years rather than minutes.
Challenge 2: Choice
Subscription-based streaming services give less and less choice of content as they produce and promote more of their own series and films.
Challenge 3: Pirates vs. Fans
Fans are forced to break the law to see their favorite films or series, unable to pay and stream the desired content from their preferred streaming service.
White Rabbit ecosystem consists of users, content rights holders and creators, partner streaming sites, third party developers and White Rabbit. White Rabbit offers users a personalized content library — the Rabbit Hole — and a browser plugin.
The White Rabbit plugin recognizes the content being streamed enabling users to offer White Rabbit Tokens (WRT) as a guarantee for payment to content rights holders. Each time a user streams content a smart contract deducts the tokens from the user’s account and transfers it to the rights holders. If a smart contract does not exist, rights holders may enter into one and accept tokens or reject. If they reject, the tokens which are kept in an encrypted distribution pool are returned to the user, securing their anonymity.
The Rabbit Hole is user’s personal content library where they can access all the content they have paid for and enjoy exclusive materials, extras, director’s cuts, merchandise and interviews. In addition, the Rabbit Hole enables users to interact directly with the creators behind their favorite films, enjoy film screenings in VR together, and use other available third-party applications.
By separating distribution from payment, White Rabbit offers one payment system, but infinite viewing and fan experiences.
- Freedom to stream – on any p2p site, paying directly to rights holders.
- Freedom to pay – P2P is legalized by guaranteeing payment for streaming with the White Rabbit Token (WRT).
- Freedom to access more content, more artists, and more fan experiences in the Rabbit Hole, bringing you closer to the art, artists and entertainment you love.
- White Rabbit revenue shares with streaming sites that agree to our Partner Streaming Sites code of conduct.
- Meaning illegal streaming sites are encouraged to legalize by a rewarding revenue model and new players will enter the market.
- Which incentivizes innovation in UI, search and recommendation improving streaming experience and the creation of clear streaming brands, to the benefit of fans and content creators.
- Revolutionary business model – no longer months and years to receive revenue, but minutes after fans pay.
- Data – access to all the non-personal streaming data about your film and series.
- Control – price and territory can be adjusted while content relevant steaming sites focus audience targeting
- Interaction – talk to your fans directly in the Rabbit Hole. Tell them about you, your film and upcoming projects.
- Monetization – offer additional content to the fans favorite film and series, Q&A´s, VR screenings and more.
- Transparency – receive what your due as user payments are written in the immutable blockchain ledger.
Partner Streaming Sites – application roundLegal framework
Preparation of KYC policiesWhitelist opens
PresaleToken saleMVP availablePartner Streaming Sites – first round partners anouncedContent acquisitions announcement
Launch Alpha – by invitationPartner Streaming Sites – second round partners announcedContent acquisition announcement
Launch BetaProduct launch
Rabbit Hole releaseNew content-recognition technology release
Alan R. Milligan - CEO & Partner — LinkedIn
Adrian Hessel-Rütter - COO & Partner — LinkedIn
Jonas Foyn Therkelsen - CTO — LinkedIn
Jon Inge Buli - CFO & Partner — LinkedIn
Jon Ramvi - Lead blockchain developer — LinkedIn
Robin PedersenBlockchain developer — LinkedIn
Gabriel Andrei - Developer — LinkedIn
- White Rabbit aims to provide a pay-per-view streaming service, where the transactions are facilitated through a distributed ledger
- Verifiable, well networked team with a lot of industry expertise
- What the team lacks in technical blockchain expertise it has gapped well with well known industry partners
- Very neat website
- White paper indicates industry professionalism
- The team has managed to build some social media engagement
- The revenue model fees of the platform seem so high, that it is hard to see big adoption unless the rates are lowered significantly
- The roadmap steps seem realistic but the provided documents give very little detail about the planned progress
- The execution of the project is very technically demanding and the team has to establish very solid partnerships with the industry professionals to be able to facilitate the production of the platform