What is PolySwarm?
PolySwarm is the first decentralized marketplace where hackers build anti-malware engines that compete to protect you. Think Bitcoin, but instead of mining, a global community of anti-malware experts converge and work together to best detect today’s threats. In doing so, PolySwarm incentivizes rapid innovation in the $8.5B/yr cyber threat intelligence space with precise economic instruments that reward a global community of security experts for timely and accurate malware identification. Today’s anti -virus and cyber security market is dominated by single-vendor offerings which often miss emerging threats.
PolySwarm brings enterprises, consumers, vendors and geographically-diverse security experts together into a single marketplace for more complete threat detection. Experts craft and maintain competing software “micro-engines” that quickly identify the latest threats, attempting to outperform their competition. PolySwarm’s “Proof of Work” is threat detection accuracy: the market rewards experts who are best able to defend enterprises and end users. PolySwarm creates value by re-imagining the threat intelligence market. PolySwarm unlocks potential in dormant information security expertise by creating rewards for crowdsourced and collaborative malware detection.
PolySwarm incentivizes specialized knowledge and mandates interoperability, allowing enterprises and end users alike to obtain more complete threat coverage. Headlines frequently call attention to shortcomings in today’s Antivirus and intrusion prevention / detection products. We believe these shortcomings are caused by today’s market incentives.
PolySwarm is a carefully designed replacement for this market that will continue to push threat detection forward. The ICO will have four tranche levels, each determined by USD-equivalent raised. The first level ends at $10M raised, and confers a 20% token bonus allocation. The second ends at $15M, with a 10% bonus. The third ends at $20M, with a 5% bonus. The final level has no bonus, and has a hard cap of $50M USD.
- Compact and highly skilled team with a lot of experience in startups, fintech and payment systems.
- Funds allocation seems great and well thought out in general
- Roadmap seems well thought out for the team and it’s size. Team is also planning to expand the team size by 60%.
- The logos shown on the website eg. Visa and Mastercard could be interpreted as partners, but can’t be verified. Possibility of exaggeration
- Information is not presented clearly either on the website or white paper. Most of the contributor-relevant information is scattered
- Low hard cap considering the expenditures associated with required licenses and institutional statuses